Thursday, May 10, 2012

Clenched Teeth and Rage

    Had a 7 guest table today that drove me up a wall. Not Everyone at the table, just one lady in particular.

     For starters, when giving her bread, she took the utensils out of my hand, without asking mind you, and said "Let me show you how to do this, I can see you haven't learned this yet." I said " I apologize ma'am this was us the way we were taught to do it and its been working out so far." She retorts with well if this is what they teach you then your professor is a little off."

     OK you just insulted my professor, you are now on my shit list lady. Then she looks at me and says "Get me a new bread plate, and a fork and knife while your at it. Mine are no good anymore." This is after one use. So I put on my best smile and get them for her.

     I begin to take the appetizer orders, she wants a single ravioli to taste, and she would also like the squash soup. They get brought out, everybody eats, I get compliments on everything, When i go to clear her, I ask "How did you enjoy your appetizers?"

"Well the ravioli was delicious."

"And did you enjoy our squash soup?"

"Ha, no. I'm disappointed in the chef, this soup is absolutely unacceptable. It's to squashy and it's thick. This is a disgrace! Now crumb my table, It's a mess"

    Too squashy? It's squash soup shit for brains. What did you think it was going to taste like? That's like saying this chicken is to chickeny.

     Next she turns to her friend and says;

"Did you put lemon in your water?"

Her friend replies "No, I'm not to fond of lemons."

"Oh well you should"

"No that's alright." Then the lady turns to me and says "Go get us some lemons, why aren't there any on my table?"

"Yes ma'am of course."

I bring them back and she takes them out of my hand before i can even set the plate down and squeezes them into her friends water "There you go, that's better."  Her friend just looked dumbfounded. Then we went to pour some more wine for her husband and she turned and said "No, no, hes had enough." Wooow

And last but not least, she asked what my plans were after I graduate, I told her that i was planning on coming back for the bachelors program. She scoffed and said "Well you should go to Le Cordon Blu in France because its better, and so is European cooking." Well then you should have gone to the Esscoffier Restaurant because there french dining and how dare you insult my school. We are the worlds premier culinary college. Go screw yourself. You have no idea. -5 points for stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment